- 750g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 25g butter
- 2 egg yolks, plus 2 whole eggs
- 1 bag Chorizo Thins, crumbled
- 50g strong cheddar, grated
- 50g plain flour
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
Beat in the butter and 2 egg yolks then add the grated cheese,
crumbled Chorizo Thins, season to taste and mix well.
Cover and leave until firm and cool enough to handle.
- Shape the mixture into 14–16 croquettes, weighing around 50g each.
Tip: For a melting middle place a cube of cheese in the centre of the
mixture and shape croquette around.
- Put the flour, whole eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow
bowls and beat the eggs. Dip each croquette in the flour, pat off any
excess, then coat in the egg before dipping in the breadcrumbs.
Transfer to a baking tray, then leave to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180 Fan/Gas 6.
- Drizzle the croquettes with oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden-brown.